TRENDING NEWS
Back to news
02 Apr, 2025
Share:
Arsenal news: Mikel Arteta told who must be sold as he dodges double contract question
@Source: mirror.co.uk
Arsenal are planning in earnest for the summer transfer window , when they will push hard to sign a top-quality striker. The arrival of Andrea Berta as Edu’s replacement as sporting director will allow the Gunners to plot their moves when the window opens on June 1. A striker is top of the shopping list after injuries to Gabriel Jesus, Kai Havertz and Bukayo Saka exposed their lack of depth in attacking positions. Newcastle star Alexander Isak, RB Leipzig’s Benjamin Sesko and Athletic Bilbao’s Nico Williams have all been targeted previously and Mikel Arteta confirmed this week that it will be a busy summer . “It’s going to be a big one and we are very excited about it,” he said. “We want to increase the depth of the squad but as well we want to increase the quality and the skills that we need to go to the next step.” Here are the latest headlines from Mirror Football regarding the Gunners and their business this summer. Former Premier League striker Darren Bent believes it is time that Arsenal cashed in their chips and sold Gabriel Jesus. Arsenal are in the market for a new striker in the summer transfer window and Bent thinks Jesus should be the first person out the door to provide funds. He said on talkSPORT : “Gabriel Jesus. He’s got to go. I think he will be the first to go, Gabriel Jesus. Because when I think of the left side, it’s [Leandro] Trossard and [Gabriel] Martinelli. “You keep Trossard for an option off the bench, but not as a starter; he plays too many minutes. You’ve got Trossard and Martinelli on the left. Centre-forward, you’ve got Havertz at the minute and Gabriel Jesus. Gabriel Jesus can go. On the right, you’ve got [Bukayo] Saka and [Ethan] Nwaneri. It’s that centre-forward role, I think, that needs to be looked at.” The return to the team of Saka comes as a huge boost for Arsenal ahead of their crucial Champions League quarter-final against Real Madrid . The winger remains the team’s top contributor in terms of goals and assists, despite spending over three months on the sidelines. His absence has further highlighted his importance to the side. Both he and key centre-back William Saliba are under contract until June 2027, but Arteta was asked about the club potentially offering them fresh terms. “That is a very good question, but now I am going to leave all those questions for Andrea [Berta] and make sure that he has his place and his role and he can fulfil it.” he replied. “Hopefully, my influence will be in other aspects.” Former Arsenal midfielder Kristoffer Olsson has terminated his contract with Danish side Midtjylland due to a brain condition . Olsson was rushed to hospital after collapsing at his home in February 2024 and doctors found he had blood clots on both sides of his brain. He has since been diagnosed with a rare blood-vessel inflammation, but the 29-year-old still plans to play on. He wants to return to his boyhood club IFK Norrkoping, where he will be closer to his family. “His comeback story is truly inspiring,” said Midtjylland vice-director of football Kristian Bach. “It’s not just about football – it's about human strength in the face of overwhelming adversity. Kristoffer has shown us all what true courage looks like.” Join our new WhatsApp community and receive your daily dose of Mirror Football content. We also treat our community members to special offers, promotions, and adverts from us and our partners. If you don't like our community, you can check out any time you like. If you're curious, you can read our Privacy Notice.
For advertisement: 510-931-9107
Copyright © 2025 Usfijitimes. All Rights Reserved.