Back to news
Football news: Erling Haaland injury update as Bruno Fernandes' Man Utd future 'decided'
@Source: mirror.co.uk
After a two-and-a-half-week absence, the Premier League is back! Last time we had any action from the English top flight was on March 16, as since then the international break and FA Cup have each time on centre stage. But now it's time to get back to every club's bread and butter, with the all-important run-in on the horizon. Tuesday sees clashes between Arsenal and Fulham , Wolves and West Ham , and Nottingham Forest and Manchester United . There's then six games on Wednesday, with the Merseyside derby between Liverpool and Everton at the forefront. And on Thursday, Chelsea host Tottenham in another all-London clash. In the meantime, we've had plenty of stories off the pitch which have got fans talking - with the two Manchester clubs dominating the headlines. Here's a round-up of the biggest football stories over the last 24 hours. Erling Haaland faces a battle to be fit for the Club World Cup and a potential FA Cup final after Manchester City issued an update on his ankle injury. Haaland, 24, limped off during Sunday's 2-1 FA Cup quarter-final win at Bournemouth . The Norwegians striker left the Vitality Stadium on crutches, wearing a protective plastic boot on his injured ankle. City said in a statement issued on Monday night: "The expectation is that Erling will be fit in time to play a further part in the remainder of this season, including this summer's FIFA Club World Cup." Read Man City's full statement on Haaland here. Ruben Amorim has vowed that Bruno Fernandes won't leave Manchester United this summer. Fernandes, 30, signed a new contract with United last year but has been linked with a £50million move to Real Madrid . "No, it's not going to happen," Amorim declared in his pre-match press conference ahead of Tuesday's trip to face Nottingham Forest. "He's not going anywhere because I've already told him!" Read more of Amorim's comments on Fernandes here. Should Manchester United sell Bruno Fernandes if a £50million bid comes in? Have your say in the comments section . Mikel Arteta has promised a 'big summer' for Arsenal after they confirmed the appointment of new sporting director Andrea Berta. The Gunners announced on Sunday that former Atletico Madrid transfer chief Berta will step into the role Edu left in November. Arteta said of the summer transfer window : "It's going to be a big one and we are very excited about it. The way we planned the five first summers, they were going to be very big and they were going to have different objectives because the turnaround of players and the objective of those windows was going to be different." Read what else Arteta said about the window here. Join our new WhatsApp community and receive your daily dose of Mirror Football content. We also treat our community members to special offers, promotions, and adverts from us and our partners. If you don't like our community, you can check out any time you like. If you're curious, you can read our Privacy Notice.
Related News
26 Feb, 2025
EastEnders’ Lacey Turner says emotional . . .
21 Feb, 2025
Bonnie Blue made big confession about fu . . .
15 Mar, 2025
Watch: Hardik Pandya Shares Frame With H . . .
27 Mar, 2025
Report: Brazil issue 'come and save . . .
28 Mar, 2025
Sam Quek hits back at critics over role . . .
10 Mar, 2025
Barcelona get quotation for summer trans . . .
18 Mar, 2025
Garda appeal after stolen car crashed in . . .
12 Mar, 2025
16-cap Scotland star emerges as shock tr . . .