Back to news
‘If you’re reading this, it means I have been killed’: The final words of a young Palestinian reporter
@Source: theage.com.au
The United Nations will start pulling its workers out of Gaza as the conflict with Israel claims a growing number of aid workers, medical personnel and journalists, including two reporters killed in strikes on Monday.
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said the organisation had made the “difficult” decision to withdraw a third of its international workers, after repeated Israeli strikes on its facilities in Gaza. A Red Cross building was also hit in Gaza on Monday, in what Israel said was a mistake.
The UN has lost more workers during the 18-month war than in any other conflict in its history, Guterres says. At least 280 have been killed, among them a Bulgarian UN worker killed in a strike on a UN compound last week, which the UN says came from an Israeli tank, a claim Israel denies.
A 23-year-old Palestinian journalist, Hossam Shabat, was killed in a strike on his car in northern Gaza on Monday, with footage verified by The New York Times showing his body, and those of two other men, lying beside a car bearing the Al Jazeera emblem, and the letters “TV” on the windshield. The car was peppered with what appeared to be bullet or shrapnel holes, the paper reported.
Related News
31 Mar, 2025
PalmPay, Verve partner to expand financi . . .
16 Mar, 2025
Ferry prices ‘will not go above inflatio . . .
21 Feb, 2025
Gill ton powers India to win over Bangla . . .
17 Mar, 2025
Callum Walsh produces stunning 1st-round . . .
25 Mar, 2025
Two appointed to key Highland freeport g . . .
10 Mar, 2025
‘Self-flagellation’: Why the NRL will no . . .
19 Mar, 2025
IPL 2025 Opening Ceremony: Full List Of . . .
16 Mar, 2025
Everything you need to know about the Ki . . .