Back to news
Jack Crowley: Contract talks ongoing but 'hopes to continue' with Munster
@Source: breakingnews.ie
Munster and Ireland fly-half Jack Crowley says talks over a new contract are still ongoing, but he is confident the situation will be resolved soon.
Crowley’s contract with Munster expires this summer, and he has been heavily linked with a move to Leicester Tigers.
The 25-year-old would be ineligible for Ireland selection were he to move to the Gallagher Premiership, with the IRFU not selecting players based outside the country.
Speaking to Breakingnews.ie, Crowley said that nothing has yet been agreed, and his focus remains on Munster’s Champions Cup last-16 tie against La Rochelle.
“At the moment, nothing is confirmed and I’m focusing on a massive European week,” he said.
“That’s where a lot of my attention and focus will go, and I’m fortunate to have great people behind me who will hopefully get that over the line and get something sorted.
At the moment, I’m loving my rugby — I always have. I’ve always been unbelievably happy to be in this environment, playing with these lads, and that’s something I hope to continue.
“It’s a place I love playing in, and in weeks like this in Europe, it adds that extra special element.”
Crowley returned to Munster last weekend with a Player of the Match performance in the 30–24 win over Connacht in Castlebar.
The Munster fly-half was Ireland’s first-choice No. 10 in last year’s Six Nations. However, with the emergence of Sam Prendergast, Crowley started only one game in this year’s tournament and had to settle for minutes at full-back and centre.
Despite a frustrating campaign, Crowley remained positive.
“As a competitor, you always want to be starting, always want to be involved and putting your best foot forward — that will always be there.
“You want to be in the driving seat; that comes with the competitiveness of the sport.
“In terms of Saturday, playing the full 80 minutes, it was great to get through it. I’ll be honest — it was a relief when the final whistle blew. Connacht had those opportunities at the end.”
Munster now turn their focus to Ronan O’Gara’s La Rochelle on Saturday, with the province aiming to reach the Champions Cup quarter-finals for the first time since 2022.
However, it is the French side who arrive out of form, with their last win coming back in January.
Had things gone differently a few years ago, Crowley could have been lining out for O’Gara’s side this weekend.
He is under no illusions about the challenge the former European champions pose.
“Out of the last four years, they’ve been in three finals and won two.
“They’re massive opponents in Europe. Knowing the French and how they operate in these environments, a new competition gives them a new opportunity.
“They’re a huge force in Europe — their name springs to mind when you mention European rugby at the moment.”
Related News
12 Feb, 2025
Discos’ sell-off: PC inks FASA with A&M- . . .
20 Mar, 2025
Test cricket could copy rugby with in-ga . . .
22 Mar, 2025
Emotional moment Myles Lewis-Skelly’s fa . . .
24 Mar, 2025
Thomas Tuchel warns Premier League manag . . .
16 Feb, 2025
Meet the couple who spend hours every we . . .
05 Mar, 2025
Climber Riley Smith on why the sport's p . . .
15 Mar, 2025
<a href='https://www.skysports.com/rugby . . .
11 Mar, 2025
هيئة New England في التيار عقدت اجتماعها . . .