TRENDING NEWS
Back to news
02 Apr, 2025
Share:
Lionel Messi’s bodyguard no longer on sidelines for Miami games
@Source: ghanamma.com
Lionel Messi’s bodyguard Yassine Cheuko expressed frustration after saying he was no longer allowed to protect the Argentina forward from the sidelines during Inter Miami matches. Cheuko gained widespread recognition after social media videos showed him closely watching the crowd to stop potential pitch invaders from harming the eight-time Ballon d’Or winner. “They don’t allow me to be on the field anymore,” the bodyguard said in an interview with social media channel House of Highlights. “I was in Europe for seven years, working for Ligue 1 and the Champions League, and only six people invaded the pitch. “I came to the USA and in just 20 months, 16 people have already done so. There’s a huge problem here. I’m not the problem. Let me help Messi.” An Inter Miami team spokesperson told ESPN it was a club decision, not MLS’, to not have Cheuko on the sidelines. However, he remains an employee of the club and part of the security detail. Major League Soccer said earlier on Tuesday that its protocols regarding team security guards had not changed and multiple sides had designated team security guards that are stationed near team benches on the field. DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
For advertisement: 510-931-9107
Copyright © 2025 Usfijitimes. All Rights Reserved.